Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Summer 2008

Lots happened this summer.

  1. I started an online talk show, MUSICWOMAN LIVE! at www.blogtalkradio.com/musicwoman that airs online on Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. EST with interviews of women who compose and perform their own music. Go to the link and listen to the current show and scroll down for all the archived shows. www.myspace.com/musicwomanlive





  2. On November 8, 2008, I will begin a BORDERS Book Tour with my book and CD, IN PURSUIT OF A MELODY in Fort Lauderdale. On Nov 15, I'll be in Jensen Beach, and on and on and on!


  3. I am a candidate for my doctorate in Leadership and Education at Barry U [but this didn't happen. The 7 scholarships went to other candidates. However, friends are still encouraging me to get my Ph.D.]


  4. My proposal to present Women in Jazz at the Hawaii International Conference on Arts and Humanities has been accepted. Now, I just have to come up with the $$$ for conference registration, flight and hotel for Jan 9-13, 2009. [Never got the money to go. Maybe, next year in 2011.]


  5. On October 30, WOMEN IN JAZZ will do a rehearsal workshop for 600 students at the African American Research Library and Cultural Center through a grant from Friends of AARLCC to WOMEN IN JAZZ SOUTH FLORIDA, INC., for which the application for 501(c)(3) status with the IRS has now been completed. We await status, but can legally accept funding, now.



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home